The renowned brand Advanced Clutch Technology (ACT) has earned a great reputation in past few decades. The brand is known for its high-performance products and reliable driveline components in the market. From top-notch customer service to delivering quality products, the brand does not compromise on its coveted reputation. ACT products have been improved considerably in the past few years due to the integration of the latest technology for better street performance. Advanced CAM tools, FEA, and CAD stimulation ensure an unparallel and optimized performance. Not only this, it is hard to find a match for this brand, when it comes to durability and reliability. There is no denying that ACT is quintessential in terms of best design methodologies, product engineering and use of high-end materials. The brand has the best manufacturing techniques such as chromoly steel forging to align grain structures. ACT clutch is an example of ACT's unique products. It comes with steady pedal feel, durability, consistent torque capacity, and high functionality.
SB9-HDG6 kit features ACT's most popular Heavy Duty pressure plate. ACT Heavy Duty pressure plates use exclusive diaphragm design to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure a four-stage, heat-treating process for unparalleled performance. ACT pressure plates have precision cover stampings to provide rigidity and consistency. ACT's 6-pad spring-centered race disc features a spring-center construction to properly damp torsional vibrations and resist failure under harsh conditions. ACT spring retainers utilize wraparound spring windows and thicker retainer stampings to provide spring support, reduce stress concentrations, and increase strength and reliability. With the 6-pad spring-centered race disc engagement is harsher, but shifting is faster. The 6-pad spring-centered disc is recommended for larger clutch sizes to absorb more heat. Monoloc is a one-piece, direct replacement or upgrade to the standard, two-piece wedge collar and wire ring featured in pull-type clutches. The spring tension of the segmented retaining ring is carefully calculated and tested for optimal performance. It provides uniform loading on the bearing and pressure plate to assure proper alignment, regardless of driver influence or vehicle modifications. Monoloc's hardened Chrome-moly steel construction will provide years of service.
- Light to moderate pedal effort, aggressive engagement, OE to mild gear rattle, confidence during hard shifts.
- Moderate friction life, extended by ACT's exclusive diaphragm design, dramatic improvement in release mechanism life.
- Carefully engineered, precisely assembled, accurately balanced, uses select ceramic friction materials for high heat tolerance and maximum performance, major improvement in release mechanism.
- Recommended for high horsepower street or race use.
- 100% clamp load tested and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability, includes ACT's patented Monoloc.
Professional installation by a licensed mechanic is required.
Clutch Disc Diameter (MM): 228
Input Shaft Diameter (IN): 1
Input Spline Quantity: 24
Pressure Plate Type: Heavy Duty
Product Weight (lbs.): 16.7
Torque Capacity (ft/lbs.): 555
Torque Capacity Over OE: 0.63
Fitment & Application:
- 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L 4-CYL Turbocharged (Must be used with ACT flywheel or 2003 to 2005 WRX flywheel.)
- 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L 4-CYL Turbocharged (Must be used with ACT flywheel or 2003 to 2005 WRX flywheel.)
- 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L 4-CYL Turbocharged (Must be used with ACT flywheel or 2003 to 2005 WRX flywheel.)
- 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L 4-CYL Turbocharged (Must be used with ACT flywheel or 2003 to 2005 WRX flywheel.)
|Brand||Advanced Clutch Technology (ACT)|
|Shipping Method||UPS/FedEx/USPS Ground|
|Availability||Normally ships within 1 business day.|
|California Prop 65 Warning||This product can expose you to chemicals including carbon black, glass wool fibers, and silica (in clutch discs), chromium and nickel, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. for more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov|