Returns & Shipping
Returns & Cancellations:
Please contact us via phone or email should you choose to return or exchange merchandise. All returns and exchanges must be initiated within 14 days of delivery or pickup. Orders that have not yet shipped can be canceled anytime for a full refund (except for special orders or made-to-order products).
Below is our 14-day return policy:
- For orders that have already shipped, a 15% restocking fee is charged on returns.
- Original shipping & handling is not refunded.
- Merchandise must be returned in original condition with all original packaging. Merchandise cannot be returned if modified in any way, including painted, installed, drilled, sanded or primered. Therefore, merchandise must be test-fitted before modifying or painting.
- Consumer must pay for all return shipping charges. If a return is shipped freight collect, it will be refused on delivery by our warehouse.
- You must insure the return during shipping for the value of the purchase price and shipping. If the order being returned is damaged during return shipping, you will be responsible to file a claim directly with your shipping service to obtain a refund from them via insurance.
- If free shipping was offered during purchase, the original shipping charges will be deducted from the refund amount.
- We do not accept returns/exchanges on any pre-painted items, electronics, programmers or tuners.
A RMA (return authorization number) must be requested before any merchandise can be returned or exchanged. Any merchandise returned/shipped back without a valid RMA number (provided by us) will be refused. Please do NOT ship any merchandise back without requesting and receiving a valid RMA number & return instructions from us.
If the merchandise you have received has a defect, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can proceed with the return or exchange process. We may request images from you as evidence of the defect. If the merchandise is deemed defective (by the warranty department), we will either exchange the merchandise with a new replacement or schedule a return, all at our cost. Should you choose to return the defective merchandise, you will receive a full refund on the part and shipping. All defective merchandise must be reported to us within 14 days of delivery or pickup/will-call.
Some parts we carry are considered "made to order" or "special order". Once placed and paid for, they cannot be canceled or refunded. This is because the factory has already started "making" the part for your order, even though it may have not shipped yet. Therefore, before giving us authorization to continue with a special order, please make sure that you are willing to wait the quoted time-frame before the special order merchandise can ship.
Backorders are orders that are currently out of stock but are expected or scheduled to arrive on a certain date. Once the part arrives, then it can be shipped out to each customer waiting in a "backorder queue." Backorders can be canceled anytime for a full refund.
Unfortunately, damage does occur occasionally during transit. There are two types of shipping methods we use and each one has a strict insurance policy against shipping damage.
- Freight Shipments: larger oversize parts such as body kits, hoods, bumpers, fenders and others ship via truck freight (LTL common carrier), such as dbSchenker, Pilot Air, Estes-Express, UPS Freight, ABF Freight, etc. All truck freight shipments MUST be inspected for damages before being accepted by the consignee. The part must be removed from the packaging for inspection in the delivery driver's presence to check for damages. If the part is damaged, the consignee must do the following:
- Print "DAMAGED" in the delivery signature box of the BOL/shipping receipt that the driver will provide you with. Save a copy for your records.
- Refuse the complete shipment or partial (damaged) shipment. The delivery driver will take the shipment back for insurance claim purposes.
- Contact us as soon as possible.
To expedite the exchange/replacement process, please snap some images of the damages and the packaging with a camera and email them to us. We will replace the damaged merchandise as soon as possible. If the consignee at the delivery address fails to follow the damage policy above and the part is delivered damaged and accepted/signed, the damage claim WILL be denied by the shipping company. Octane MotorSports shall not be held liable for damage claims being denied due to lack of inspection during delivery by the consignee.
Under rare circumstances when the delivery driver will not allow you to inspect the freight shipment before accepting it or signing for it, please clearly print “DAMAGED” instead of your signature, on the bill of lading document. If the item is damaged inside the box, contact us ASAP, on the same day via phone or email so that we can ship a replacement.
- UPS / FedEx Ground / Air Shipments: small to medium size packages, such as headlights, tail lights, spoilers, grilles, intakes, headers, etc. are shipped via UPS or FedEx ground or air. These shipments do not need to be inspected during delivery. However, they must be inspected and if damaged, it must be reported to us within 48-72 hours of delivery. Once the damage is reported, we will replace the merchandise as soon as possible.
We provide only exchange/replacement for damage claims that are approved, not refund.
Liability & other Restrictions
Some parts sold are for off road use only. Please check your local and state laws before making a purchase. The maximum liability of Octane MotorSports is the cost of the product sold. Octane MotorSports, under no circumstances shall be held responsible for any other liabilities or charges/fees, including installation, labor costs & accidents, even if the item purchased is defective. All fiberglass & carbon fiber hoods require hood pins for additional safety (sold separately).
For any orders that are shipping to alternative address (not billing address of the credit card used) or for any orders that are flagged by our fraud-detection software, we may require card-holder verification.
Shipping costs listed on our website are applicable only within 48 continental states (USA) to a physical address. Additional shipping charges may apply for all other states, US territories, PO/APO/FPO address & to all other countries.